4/25/09

Re: Film Making

Yesterday's class really pushed me outside of my comfort zone. I don't have a lot of experience with film so I felt a little lost and unsure of its possibilities. In addition, approaching strangers in an unnatural/forced way is another thing that makes me feel uncomfortable, so the two things combined significantly raised my stress level. I was thinking about my reaction, as I walked home yesterday, and I realize that I tend to disengage and space-out when I feel anxiety. What this tells me (aside from a self-help diagnosis) is that when working with new media, especially in a group setting, I might need to do some research or come in feeling more prepared. The more comfortable I feel, the more invested I feel. Yesterday's experience was not only interesting in terms of what/who is out there in DC but it let me know a little about my current working practice. Now that we have gotten some experience it will be interesting to see where we take this, as a group, next week. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments: