2/9/09

Arlington Center of the Arts

Hi All,

I really enjoyed our field trip last week. I have never been to the arlington center of the arts before and I thought it was a pretty cool place.

The activity I enjoyed the most HAD to be where we sat in a room with this Febreze airfreshner contraption. There was this small room that had paper, pens, and this cd looking device that gave off different febreze aromas. With the paper and pens we were supposed to record our reactions to the different smells using words, stories, or drawings. Once we completed the activity we could hand in our paper to the front desk and they would eventually hang the paper in the room with a bunch of other stories/drawings.

I had fun writing. The smell reminded me of a hotel I stay at when I visit my family in Kansas. I briefly wrote about a memory I have from kansas and a few other random thoughts that came to mind.

Also, after the activity I was completely relaxed! Sitting in the small room smelling the aroma had completely relaxed me, along with recording my random thoughts. It was a release that I was not expecting to be so rewarding. Even Mark commented on my new relaxed nature.

In my art therapy class we have to keep a visual journal. I have decided that this week I will experiment with different smells and then record my feelings/reactions in my journal using words or pictures.

Thanks for the experience Mark! See you all Friday.


cheers!

No comments: