5/8/09

Cookie Bust

So I was kinda irritated at today's cookie bust if you guys didn't notice, and this is probably why I am not more involved in collaborative art. Not you guys (my classmates) but at the other participators. People were coming in there and just taking cookies (some of them 3, 4, 5, 6 cookies) and NOT DECORATING them and just taking them and leaving. Excuse me but I did not get up at 5 am this morning to make cookies so you can have lunch. That's why I wrote on the white paper "You must decorate to eat the cookies". Am I just overreacting ? I don't think so. I mean dang people, we are in an art school, there's blank cookies and decorating supplies galore are you really going to be a selfish cookie monster and take all those cookies? Then I am going to label you as uncreative and boring. LEave them for someone who  will participate in the art making and go to the Clara Barton cafe next door and get your own cookies. 

This is why I am not all up in collaborative art. I feel like I have no control. I want to be able to tell people that "HEY! you better decorate that cookie if you want to eat it".  When people don't decorate there cookies I get upset. I want to ask Tiravanija if he gets offended when people come in to his makeshift restaurant and bring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and just leave a beautiful bowl of Pad Thai untouched. Things that make me go hmm . . . 

No comments: