2/6/09

Re: Response to Friday

I was pleasantly surprised by my reaction to last Friday's class. Not having a formal art background (i.e. an actual art related degree), I still feel some anxiety around being asked to draw in front of people. However, the collaborative nature of the exercise freed me from any worries about the outcome and I was able to relax and enjoy the process. I can see an exercise like this being really helpful in a classroom to get students to open up to art and see it in a different light than the one they might be used to. 
Reflecting back, the drawing portion was definitely easier for me than creating poetry. It was great to hear all the ideas for changing/modifying the exercise. The face drawing was a perfect example of how multiple perspectives enrich the learning experience.  The face drawing was not only an interesting process but, in my opinion, a pretty cool final product. 

No comments: